Blogger Interview Series | Meet @Fashioned_Girl


Hey Everyone!

Hope you're good! In this post as part of my 'Blogger Interview Series' I have put the questions to the lovely Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger Anna from The New Old Fashioned Girl 

Check out her Interview below and follow her on her Social Media links included at the end of the Interview post!





Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?

As of last month I am nineteen years old, and the youngest of three kids. I have a tendency to be a bit of a diva if I'm not careful, I'm pretty sure I was born that way but it seems to be getting worse. I'm the family fashionista, beauty consultant, and event organizer.

The New Old Fashioned Girl started as a place to write down and share the numerous things I bake, but quickly evolved into a beauty blog, with a smattering of baking and travel posts.

Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?

I started my blog in February 2015, OH MY Goodness! it coming up on three years. I remember sitting in bed in the wee hours of the morning and decided to start a blog because I was bored and couldn't sleep. I hadn't thought it out at all, I didn't even have a computer, I blogged on my Kindle Fire for quite a while.

Q3) What do you enjoy most about Blogging?

I love the photography(even though I have terrible lighting at my house), and I love having the opportunity to come in contact with like minded people from all over the world. The blogger community is such a wonderful group of people, in the almost three years I have been blogging I have found nothing but support and helpful tips.

Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?

I have always been really bugged with the whole followers thing, I know everyone says its not a numbers game but it really is. If you just want to blog for fun than it doesn't really matter, but if you maybe want to work with brands it definitely is. One other thing is social media, goodness knows I love Twitter and Instagram, but I only started in with them this spring because my blog was a stand still and I knew that if I ever wanted to get it off the ground I needed the help of social media.

Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?

That's a tough one, pretty much any higher end makeup and skincare brand would be amazing. I have to say Tarte and Too Faced would be a dream come true.

Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?

I haven't done a ton of work with brand (my first one was in June), but I really enjoyed working with Anjou. The person I was in contact with was really nice and informative, and for me, if I don't like the people I'm working with I don't feel comfortable with the work I do for them.

Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

Be patient, most of us mortals don't get instant recognition. Be honest, if a brand sends you something to review and you genuinely don't like it, don't try to make the brand happy remember that you have people who trust your opinion.

Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?
basically all my free time, I really should have time set aside but I am terrible at routine. 

Q9) What is your Fave Social Media Platform?

Twitter! I think its fun to just start up a conversation with someone because you both like cats, or you both love the same band.

Q10) Which types of Blog Posts do you enjoy reading?

I love favorites post, monthly, favorite lipsticks, favorite movies. I think its a great way to see the difference in people as well as their similarities.


You can find Anna on:


For Enquiries and Collaborations Anna prefers to be contacted by Direct Message on her Twitter page.


Thanks for checking out Anna's Interview and don't forget to check out and follow her on Social Media.

If you would like to feature in a future post in my 'Blogger Interview Series' please email me at: Caledoniankblog@yahoo.co.uk 

Much love as always, see you in the next post....