Blogger Interview Series | Meet @Eggsavoandames


Hey Everyone!

I'm back with another Blogger Interview post and this time I've put the questions to the lovely Ames from Eggs Avo And Ames Ames has started blogging recently and is a food and lifestyle blogger. Her blog is Fantastic and the layout is Amazing - you wouldn't think she was a newbie blogger. Don't forget to check out her Interview below and follow her on Social Media....Enjoy!!!



Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?

My name is Amy but better known as Ames, I'm 22 and live in Wiltshire with my boyfriend Elliot. I have a food and lifestyle blog which basically does what It says on the tin. I post mostly about what I eat and cook at home but I also post things about myself and what I get up to in my life.

Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?

I started my blog in the middle of August so just over 2 months ago. I love cooking and trying new foods but mostly I love taking photos. I love the way a camera can capture a moment and food is such a beautiful subject..mostly because it can't move! One morning I woke up and it was like someone injected me in the night with the idea of starting a blog because its was all I could think about all day and I had so many ideas popping into head. I made it as soon as I got home and that was that. 

Q3) What do you enjoy most about Blogging?

I never thought id hear myself say this, and I'm sure my school teachers would say the same but I actually really enjoy the writing side. A lot of blogs are mostly centred around pictures but as the months have gone on I've realised that blogging is also a way of just putting your thoughts down on paper and anyone that noes me personally would agree when I say I tend to have too much to talk about so blogging is perfect for me! 

Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?

I won't lie, blogging is very time consuming and having a 9-5 job tends to get in the way. Now I don't live at home I realise there are so many more important things to do than just watch tv or play on your phone and I definitely loose track of time a lot. So the thing I like the least is probably the amount of time it takes to plan and write a post. 

Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?

I would be so honoured if any brands wanted to work with me but I have really been getting into the whole vegan and animal cruelty thing lately and trying my best to eat vegan foods when I can and also buy vegan products so I would love to do something with PETA or even an animal rescue home. Im hoping to get my own puppy next year and have really warmed to the thought of rescuing one. 

Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?

As I said I only started my blog 2 months ago so I haven't had the opportunity to work with any brands yet although I have been lucky enough to be asked to be a brand ambassador for a few companies like Wake Protein and BRKN so thats always a confidence boost. 

Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

I would say just don't let anyone tell you what to post and don't try to conform to other existing bloggers as being a blogger is all about being unique and standing out. Post what you want to talk about and what shows your personality the most because thats what will draw people to you. Most of all don't worry about being judged, do it for yourself and just be true to you. Thats the best thing I've learnt in the short time I've been blogging.

Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?

I definitely don't have a set time that I blog. Having a blog thats mostly centred around food does mean I have to plan my posts as I will have to make sure I have all the ingredients etc. Some days I will have loads of ideas floating around in my head so I will write posts just of the titles and save them as drafts so I can come back to them when I have the time. But there are a few posts I've done on the day at the time that are totally sporadic and they actually tend to be my most viewed posts so its a bit of both id say.

Q9) What is your Fave Social Media Platform?

Easiest question you've asked, Instagram 100% I love it and I'm not ashamed to say it. I could sit on it all day looking at photos or videos. As I said before I love taking photos myself and I think a photo is so unique and not 1 can ever be the same (unless you screenshot of course!) so scrolling though Instagram just never gets boring for me.

Q10) Which types of Blog Posts do you enjoy reading? 

I love reading personal blogs that talk about themselves or experiences they have had. My boyfriend will have a heart-attack if he reads this but I love reading mummy blogs about pregnancy or 'my first year being a mum' things like that really interest me because I have no idea about that subject so its all new reading. I recently read a blog of a woman who found out she had cancer while she was pregnant and she put off having treatment to give birth to her child and her blog was just so interesting and actually really light hearted and funny which I didn't expect, so I definitely like reading blogs with lots of personal meaning behind them. I also love a good fitness blogs and seeing before and after pics as well. 

You can find Ames on:


For Collaborations/Enquiries, contact Ames at: amyowen94@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for checking out my latest Blogger Interview post! Don't forget to follow Ames on the links above. If you would like to feature in an future Interview post, DM me on Twitter: @CaledonianKitty or Email: Caledoniankblog@yahoo.co.uk

See you in the next post, Much Love x