Blogger Interview Series | Meet @Husnarabeauty


Hey Guys!

Hope your week is going well. I'm here with another Interview post as part of my 'Blogger Interview Series' and this time it's the Stunning and ever Glam Husna from Husnara Beauty 

Husna is a Beauty Vlogger/Blogger and has a Fabulous Youtube channel where she shares DIY Beauty Tips, Stunning Makeup Looks and Reviews so don't forget to check it out and subscribe!

Husna's Interview is below, enjoy reading and check out her links at the end of the Interview...


Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?

I have always had an interest in beauty from a young age, however it wasn’t the ‘Indian’ norm to pursue a career in this field, so I had to go down the professional job route, much to my sadness. I was never great at studying, in fact the few lessons I did like were all creative based – Art, Graphics and Drama. Years later, I decided enough was enough and I would start a beauty blog.  Over the years whilst working I did attend a number of makeup masterclasses and was a part-time makeup artist for a while – which I loved! But a busy day job schedule meant I had to put the MUA job on hold. I have also picked up many Indian natural skincare and haircare beauty tips from my grandma over the years, who loves using traditional Indian natural products on her skin – which is amazing by the way! It’s only recently that I have started to blog regularly and upload new videos to my YouTube channel. It’s still early days, but I am working towards being the ‘one stop shop’ for makeup looks, DIY beauty tips and reviews and with the input of my subscribers, create videos that they would like to see and help them in mastering makeup techniques in easy steps.  


Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?

I haven’t been blogging for long - I would say about 4 months. Due to my busy day job schedule, I wasn’t able to post much content. But I have recently decided to seriously take time out in the evenings and weekends to get the ball rolling on my blog and focus on my passion. My beauty blogs are now posted on a regular basis at the same time I upload on YouTube for consistency.  But I will be looking to post more content as time goes on.


Q3) What do you enjoy most about Blogging?

What I enjoy about blogging is reading the feedback and comments I get and I love replying to people to further discuss the beauty topics.  I’d love to create a massive Husnara Beauty community to bounce beauty tips and tricks off of each other. The other thing I really enjoy about blogging is taking high quality, high resolution photos. There’s a sense of achievement when you take an amazing picture with beauty products and it is appreciated by your followers. Being creative, I would say I like to experiment with the ‘look’ of my photos, but I also like to maintain a vibrant look to them, which is an influence from my Indian heritage and evident in my photos.


Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?

I would probably say I do struggle with getting the right words down on ‘paper’ to clearly articulate what I am trying to say. Whilst I am passionate and excited to share my knowledge, videos and blog posts with my followers, I do sometimes struggle to get the right words down to convey my excitement. I would love to go on a creative writing course for further inspiration and am improving with every post.


Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?

I would love to work with any of the well-known high street or high end beauty brands both here in the UK and in India. I would love to develop makeup solutions for Indian women, who suffer from a number of skin concerns. I believe there isn’t an affordable brand out there at the moment that caters for us Asians.


Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?

I have particularly enjoyed working with Naissance who promote natural, healthy living. They kindly sent me some products to review and use on my channel and I am all about the natural skin care. In addition to this I’ve had some mink lashes sent to me, which were fab and had acknowledgments from Dermalogica and Loreal for reviewing some of their products in my videos.


Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

I would say it is really important to have a blog schedule and plan in place. Brainstorm what you will be blogging about and take good pictures to support what you are saying. There’s nothing worse than a page of text and no images relating to the text. I honestly switch off when I just see a page of text and it’s proven that a lot of others do too.

Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?

I do have to set time aside as of now, just because I have a day job and need to keep posting on my blog regularly.  This is tricky sometimes, because I do get mental blocks and things just don’t flow naturally. But I like to write about the videos I post on YouTube, which is twice a week and this helps to connect both my YouTube channel and my blogs across both platforms.


Q9) What is your Fave Social Media Platform?

Instagram without a doubt! And with the new addition of Insta stories, it’s even better. Make sure you are following me to see my stories. I would love to do a Insta Q&A video for my YouTube channel soon, so make sure you follow me to feature in my video J

Q10) Which types of Blog Posts do you enjoy reading? 


No surprise, beauty blog posts are my favourite! But I particularly enjoy reading natural skincare tips or recipes on how to make my own skin care products. I also love the posts with beauty hacks and reviews of certain products if I need a bit more information on a product. 


You can find Husna on:


Husna is also on Snapchat: HusnaraBeauty

For all Enquiries, Contact Husna at: info@husnarabeauty.com 



Hope you enjoyed the Interview, if you would like to feature in an upcoming Interview post pop an email to: Caledoniankblog@yahoo.co.uk or contact me on Twitter: CaledonianKitty for more info!

See you in the next post guys, Much love x