Blogger Interview Series | Meet @SamanthaWalsh76


Hi Everyone!

For this post I was honoured to interview the Beautiful and Talented Samantha from Life: A Bird's Eye View 

As well as being the Star of 'Ibiza Uncovered' and a beauty boutique manager, she has also written a brave and inspirational Article on The Importance of Smear Tests and her own personal Experience which has featured in the Huffington Post 

Hope you enjoy the Interview and be sure to check out Samantha's links below....



Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog? 

Well hello there! I'm Sam, a 40yr old beauty boutique manager and part-time blogger living in Kent. My current blog www.lifeabirdseyeview.blogspot.com is a collection of memoirs, observations and life learnings, plus a couple of health and beauty reviews thrown in for good measure. I mostly write about my life experiences (and let's face it, at my age I've had a lot of them!) from clubbing and starring in a reality TV show in Ibiza (many moons ago!) to cancer, infertility and IVF.  


Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?

I first started blogging in 2008 when my then-husband and I decided to go backpacking around the world for 6 months. I started the blog as a means of keeping family and friends updated on our travels, and absolutely loved it. In those days I had to visit an internet cafe to update the blog, so I'd be eagerly locating one at every possible opportunity. By the time we returned I had enough material to self-publish a book, which I still treasure as it documents the adventures we had every day of our amazing trip. 


Q3) What do you enjoy most about Blogging?

I love that it creates a permanent memory of an event that I can look back at - like a photograph, only better, as I the words leap from the page and it's as if I'm reliving the experience all over again. Which will be handy when I'm old and grey and the memories get harder to recall...


Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?

Only that I don't get enough time to do more of it! I'd be writing full-time if I had my way. You never know - watch this space! PMA and all that...


Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?

A luxury travel brand, such as Kuoni - imagine being whisked away to a stunning 5-star resort having been asked to write a review on it. A girl can dream...


Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?

I really enjoyed working with The Floatworks, a float centre near Vauxhall, London, whereby you climb into a giant egg-shaped pod and float weightlessly in the darkness in an epsom-salt solution. It's a strange experience in sensory deprivation, but you emerge an hour later feeling amazing. I'd totally recommend it. 


Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

Write as often as you can, put it out there, and welcome feedback. When I first started out I was reluctant to self-promote as I felt shy sharing my work, but you have to just take the plunge and go for it. If you get any negative feedback accept it graciously, take it on board - and then move on. You can't please all the people all the time, but the overwhelming majority of the responses will be positive and will really spur you on.


Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?

I tend to write my blog on the go - snippets here and there on my commute, in a coffee shop on my lunch break - whenever I can fit it in around my job really. I don't often have time to sit and write an entire post in one hit, it tends to be whenever I think of something relevant and then it takes shape over a few days. 


Q9) What is your Fave Social Media Platform?

That's a tough one! I find Facebook more personal, as I get lots of comments and feedback from friends, family and people that I know, but having said that Twitter has been more useful in terms of building business contacts and blogging opportunities. And I've recently joined Instagram, which I'm growing to love too. It's like asking me to choose between my children! ( I don't actually have any children, hence the infertility blogs!)


Q10) Which types of Blog Posts do you enjoy reading? 

I like all sorts of blog posts - beauty tips and product reviews, fashion, parenting (which may sound strange, since I'm not even a parent!) and ones about general life observations, a bit like my own blog. It's always inspiring to read other bloggers' posts - hence I follow tons of them!


You can find Sam on:


For all enquiries, contact Sam at: sam@lifeabirdseyeview.com


Thanks for checking out my latest Interview post, if you would like to be featured Dm me on CaledonianKitty or Email: Caledoniankblog@yahoo.co.uk