Blogger Interview Series | Meet @igaberry1


Hey Guys!


For this post in the 'Bloggers Interview Series' I've put the questions below to the lovely and talented Iga from Iga Berry 

Iga has also been nominated for 'Best Travel Blog' in the #BloggersBlogAwards and when you check out her Amazing pictures and Blog it's not hard to see why she's been nominated. 

Iga has gone to a lot of trouble to answer my questions in detail and has added links herself in the answers so you can check them out too! 

Enjoy the Interview and don't forget to vote for Iga and check out/follow her links below...



Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog? 
Hello, I am Iga from IgaBerry and I am wanderlust obsessed! So as you can probably imagine on my website you can find lots about travel and adventures, as this is a big part of my life. This year I was very lucky as I had the opportunity to explore Thailand, and of course share  all about this vibrant country in a series of posts. Moreover I also love to spread the travel bug throughout the Blogosphere and share tips and tricks. Some of these tips include how to travel for cheaper, where and where not to stay, how to book luxury hotels on a budget, helpful ways to pick the perfect holiday destination for you, and much more!

I also focus on lifestyle and what comes with it, for me this includes self-development includingminimalism, simplicity, finances, wellness and mindfulness, and beautiful, inspiring interior designs, and delicious dining experiences! The lifestyle section is a great way to get to know me on a very personal level.
My guilty pleasure of mine is writing about perfume. I am a fragrance-addicted lady! Life without perfumes and smells would not be as vibrant and nor as exciting for me. One of my biggest dreams would be directing and executing one of the luxury fragrances’ advert. A really wild dream is also releasing my own fragrance inspired by travels and experiences!    

Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?

My first article was published in February 2015. I remember as if it was today. It was freezing but yet a very sunny morning in Aberdeen and the excitement that came with clicking the ‘Publish’ button . I knew back then that this is not something I will only do for a month, maybe two and quit. Before I knew it I was hooked and with a bunch of new friends, who despite the fact of being miles away, always find the time to check how am I doing!

Q3) What do you enjoy most about Blogging?

First I’d like to give a big shout out to the lovely blogging community which is there to support one another, as well as provide constructive criticism when needed. Yes, sometimes discussions are heated but this is to be expected with so many creative individuals and various perspectives on different things. I think variety of opinions, outcomes, inspiration, and energy from discussions are the second thing I adore so much. Twitter (connect with me on twitter) chats are great way to meet with other bloggers.

What I really love the most is that whether I am in Hong Kong, Boston, London, Phuket, NYC, or Aberdeen I am just a twit away from meeting someone as enthusiastic about blogging as I am. This was one of the ways for me to meet some very interesting people, such as the adorable bunch of bloggers in Aberdeen, where I live. I have also had a chance to go for a coffee with a few bloggers in Bangkok, London, Boston and other places.

Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?

I have to say that I have been very lucky and privileged to meet on my way only fantastic and supportive people who have been cheering me along my way. I guess I try my best not to focus on negativity, and if negativity does appear I just move on from it. I am a strong believer that positive and kind people attract positive and kind people.

Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?

There are definitely a few brands who have caught my eye over the past year such as Scuba Travel,reviewing diving lessons as I learn, living the dream!Abercrombie Kenthopefully I would capture Africa’s big five on a camera, AmaWaterways for one of their luxury cruise, and Kuoni fluffy, white snow and winter escape sounds fantastic!   

  
I would also love to work with an airline provider and introduce my readers to new and old routes from the UK. Would there be anything better than showing unique places that are just waiting to be explored and are available to everyone? 

Not forgetting my big dream of creating an advert for a luxury fragrance company such as Chanel, Dior, or Valentino not in any particular order as I love them all. Fun fact from my life? My dissertation was about Chanel’s long version of their perfume adverts, discussing the lifestyle promised within them, and customers awareness and understanding of these. I also already know what would I research for my PhD project. I will keep it for myself for now as I am actually planning to do it in the near future.   

Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?

I have enjoyed working with every single brand I have had a chance to collaborate with. It would be like picking my favourite fragrance, it is just impossible! Partly because I believe my collaborations were delightful because I am extremely selective who I work with and on what terms. I would rather miss out on an opportunity than jeopardize the trust created with my readers.

I have collaborated with global and local brands. Working with local brands gives me unique an opportunity to introduce places and products that might be missed otherwise. It would be a shame if they do as the United Kingdom has a lot to offer! Not only in terms of tourism but also fashion, beauty and interior design. In the past few weeks I have had a chance to take part in fly fishing lessons, as well as visit Oban for the first time and experience divine Scottish fine dining in Taynuilt Hotel, strawberry soufflé with home made ice creams yes, please!.      

Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

I will sound very cliché but being yourself, knowing where your privacy boundaries lie, and making sure blogging is a passion not a chore. For me there would be noting worse than waking up in the morning thinking: Oh no, here we go again two posts to write.
Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?

I have to admit that I am still working on finding a perfect balance and rhythm. I tend to write whenever I have the time, which is not the best for maintaining a social life and developing other skills. Let’s not forget that blogging is not my full time job, so I have other things going on in my life at the same time too.

Q9) What is your Fave Social Media Platform?

I surprised myself as I write this but it has to be Twitter! I was always reluctant to use it but it seemed to be a good choice when I started my website. A year later and can say I love it! Twit here, twit there… Twits everywhere! It is not only powerful in terms of directing traffic to IgaBerry.com, connecting with brands, and getting your name out there. Twitter is also great platform to create and maintain long lasting virtual friendships, which quite often move from virtual world to the real one. As I said before, your next friend is just a twit away!

Q10) Which types of Blog Posts do you enjoy reading?

I have to admit that firstly and foremost I keep up with everyone who visits igaberry.com and leaves a comment. It is my way to show my appreciation that someone took the time to visit me and start a conversation. Every month the number of visitor is growing, so quite often before I know I am two teas down! However, it is such an encouraging way to show love in the Blogosphere I cannot resist!

I do not have a favourite type of blog posts, but I appreciate beautiful photography, clear designs that are easy to read, and informative content. On the other side I also like to read what people think about more difficult subjects or taboos.

I am very excited to share with you some fantastic news. I have been nominated for the Best Travel Blog in Bloggers Blog Awards 2016! I would really appreciate if you could please spare 3 minutes of your time to vote for my website and show your support; you can vote for my site by following the link at the end of this post: Category 6 C - IGA Berry. Thank you so much for your continued support and motivation, and for creating such a wonderful and wanderlust obsessed community! Till next time travel berries!  

You can find Iga on: 


For all Enquiries, Contact Iga at: iga@igaberry.com




Hope you enkoyed the Interview. If you would like to be featured, DM on CaledonianKitty or Email
me at: Caledoniankblog@yahoo.co.uk

As Always, Thank you for checking out my latest post x