Blogger Interview Series | Meet @HisHabits


Hey All!

In this 'Bloggers Interview' Post we meet Shaun from HisHabits who just happens to be the first male blogger that I've interviewed in this series and he's from 'Manchester' one of my Favourite Cities in the UK.

So here goes...

and don't forget to check out and follow Shaun on his links provided at the end of the Interview...




Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?


I’m Shaun, and I blog over at www.HisHabits.co.uk I’m 25 and live up North.
I set up HisHabits to express my passions: I like a lot of things in life and wanted to blog about it.
You should expect to see posts about skincare and male grooming on my blog, however there are a couple of lifestyle posts thrown in there for good measure.


Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?


I’ve been blogging for just under a year now. It’s flown by!
I started blogging in November last year, after years of deliberating. I’d actually started a blog way back when, but that remains hidden in it’s own secret part of the internet. Haha.


Q3) What do you enjoy most about blogging?


For me, I actually love the writing aspect of blogging. I’ve always been interested in writing, it’s been a calming mechanism for me and I used to write when I was frustrated about something. Now I just write because it genuinely makes me happy.


Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?


There’s not much I dislike about blogging. If I had to chose something though, it would be that there seems to be a big emphasis on being London based. I’ve had brands contact me, but relationships literally disappear the moment you struggle to get to London. I live up North and it’s not that easy to get down South at the drop of a hat. I guess that’s probably my own issue though. 


Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?


I would love to work with Aesop or Kiehls. I love the ethos of both brands and the thought process behind the products.


Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?


Oh this one is easy - Dermalogica! I’ve used Dermalogica for years and couldn’t contain my excitement when they invited me to an event. They’re really good at communicating and so easy to work with. 


Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?


Don’t get too stuck in your head. I started blogging with a plan in mind of what I was going to do and how I was going to do it. Needless to say, it never worked out that way. Blogging is organic and will develop over time. So I would say get stuck in, enjoy it, and find your feet at your own pace. Also, be yourself. There’s nothing worse than reading a blog and they’re literally a clone of someone else. 


Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?


I used to and this ties into Q7. I started off with a schedule and knew exactly when I had to write. However now I write when the mood takes me. I find it’s easier and flows naturally. Some days i’ll write 5 posts, some days I’ll write none. But I feel thats how I get my most natural content. 


Q9) What is your fave Social Media platform?


Twitter - hands down! I’ve used Twitter since it began and I’ve always loved the quickness. I’m trying to get more into Instagram lately, because that seems to be one that I neglect the most.


Q10) Which types of blog posts do you enjoy reading?


I actually love a mixture of product reviews, advice and story times. But if I had to choose one, it would probably be product reviews. I’m a self-confessed skincare junkie, so i’m always looking out for new things to buy!



You can find Shaun on:


For all Enquiries, contact Shaun: HisHabits@gmail.com 



Hope you enjoyed the latest Interview in the sries and if you would like to feature, Direct Message me on CaledonianKitty or Email: Caledoniankblog@yahoo.co.uk

Also, If you are a regular reader of my blog or a blogger I have promoted/connected with brands etc on TheBloggersPost I would love it if you could possibly take a few minutes to nominate TheBloggersPost for 'Best Use Of Social Media' Here!

As always, thanks for checking out my latest Interview post!

Much Love x