Blogger Interview Series | @fl_Freelancer

Hi All!

In this post in the 'Blogger Interview Series' it's the turn of the Lovely Dani from Flourishing Freelancer 

Dani's blog is a must have read for all bloggers/freelance writers. There's so many tips and advice which would really help all bloggers so check out Dani's links below and pick up some useful advice/tips to help your blog grow even further.

Enjoy Dani's Interview.....



Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?

I'm Dani, I'm 28 and I live in London. I work full-time for a UK Sports Charity. I blog at Flourishing Freelancer which was set up to help other bloggers and writers. I blog about my journey as a blogger and writer, as well as giving hints and tips to others. 


Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?

I've been blogging for a couple of years. I started out with a personal blog, Brighteyed and Bewildered, which I still have. This blog was just a hobby really and I write about travel, mental health, fitness and what I did on the weekend. I then started Flourishing Freelancer to help people set up their own blogs, build traffic and turn their blog into a business. Flourishing Freelancer has only been up and running for a week so it's all shiny and new!


Q3) What do you enjoy most about Blogging?

Writing is cathartic for me. It really helps deal with depression and anxiety. I love being able to just get lost in a blog post. 


I also love the blogging community; everyone is so loving and supportive. There's so many times I've felt like giving up or taking a break but you guys have kept me going. 


Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?

It's hard work! If you're seriously crazy about your blog you'll need to put some serious time into it. I write before work, during my lunch break and after work. I stay up late to schedule social media posts and spend hours on end networking in Twitter chats. 


Although it's what I enjoy the least, I wouldn't change it for the world! 


Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?

My blog style isn't really one that works with brands but I absolutely love Krista Dickson and Melyssa Giffin who are absolute legends in my eyes and would love to work with them at some point. 


Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?
I haven't worked with any brands before. I mainly focus on sharing my personal knowledge and experience 

Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

Enjoy it! If you're forcing yourself to blog, your writing won't flow naturally and won't read as well. You're also more likely to become overwhelmed if you're not enjoying it. I'd also say read a lot - you'll get lots of inspiration, hints and tips from other people's writing and your writing will improve as a result. 


Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?

A bit of both really. If an idea comes to me I drop everything to write - i actually love it when that happens. I also schedule in time during the week to sit down and write. Having a full time job and two blogs means that I need to be pretty organised and, unless I schedule time in, I find I run out of time to get everything done. 


Q9) What is your Fave Social Media Platform?

Twitter is my favourite for interacting with other bloggers but I'm totally obsessed with Instagram and living vicariously through other people's amazing photos on there. 


Q10) Which types of Blog Posts do you enjoy reading? 

I cannot get enough of reading other people's blogs. I will literally read anything other than beauty product reviews (sorry!!) Anything that has a personal story behind it really draws me in, as does anything about mental health as that's something I'm really passionate about. 

You can find Dani on:


For all Enquiries, Contact Dani at : DanniWillshaw@gmail.com

Hope you enjoyed Dani's Interview and don't forget to check out her blog/links!

Much Love x




*Guys I would love it if you could take a couple of seconds to Nominate TheBloggersPost for 'Best Use Of Social Media' - (The Cosmopolitan Influencer Awards 2016) - Nominate Here! Much Love and Thanks!*