Blogger Interview Series | Meet @Carpediememmie



Hi Everyone!


In this part of My 'Blogger Interview Series' I've had the chance to interview the beautiful Emmie from Carpe Diem Emmie who as well as being a popular Culture and Lifestyle Blogger,  she is also a One Dance UK Ambassador and lead organiser of #EastMidsMeetUp 


Check out Emmie's Interview below and check out/follow her on Social media..



Q1) Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog?

My name is Emmie and I run Carpe Diem Emmie which is a Culture and Lifestyle blog that was set up in January 2014. It covers anything from theatre reviews, a restaurant review to what i read over the last month. It's my perfect heaven for creativity and self expression.

Q2) How long have you been blogging and when did you start?

I've actually been blogging for 5 years - which is weird. I started blogging in my first year at university when I had to create a blog to document my movement practice as a dance student. I did have piczo and myspace back in the day too! I got the bugg with my uni blog and Carpe Diem Emmie does actually contain some of my posts from my graduate year too!

Q3) What do you enjoy most about Blogging?

I enjoy the freedom to write about things which I'm passionate about. I also enjoy learning new skills from photography and editing which have enhanced my blog massively! Also who doesn't enjoy the opportunities blogging can provide you?

Q4) What do you enjoy least about blogging?

Recently I've been feeling incredibly anxious about posting content, I've had a local blogger copy some of my content and it's put me on complete edge to write something I think it's 'new and exciting'. I also don't enjoy some of the cliques it can bring!


Q5) Is there a brand you would love to work with?


OH SO MANY, but more on a theatre/dance level as that's what I'm most passionate about. I'd love to review those kind of things for national newspapers and stuff.


Q6) Which brand have you enjoyed working with so far?

I absolutely love working with all of the local theatres I'm starting to work with. I'm having access to something I have enjoyed since I was younger.


Q7) What advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

DON'T COPY CONTENT. Sit with your blog, find what inspires YOU, what interests YOU have and YOU have to write YOUR OWN CONTENT otherwise you'll get figured out pretty quickly and that's not fun.


Q8) Do you have a set time or day set aside to blog or do you just write when the mood takes you?

I try to spend 2-3 hours with my blog each day, whether that's to reply to comments, read other blogs, edit photos or write something.

Q9) What is your Fave Social Media Platform?

Twitter! - It's the one I get the most engagement from and I love interacting with tons of artistic people over it too.

Q10) Which types of Blog Posts do you enjoy reading?

​Personal ones, I like to understand the writer behind the blog. I tend then to enjoy their whole content a lot more!​


You can find Emmie on:



All Enquiries: Carpediememmie@gmail.com 





As Always Thanks For Reading! If you're interested in being included in my 'Blogger Interview Series' send me an Email: Caledoniankblog@yahoo.co.uk